- While doing my usual trawling of the internet this morning I came across something that makes me want to go out, purchase whatever big game system the kids are playing these days & buy Rock band. I’d practice for the summer, not seeing any sun cause as we’ve discussed I’m not a huge fan of the daytime (the night time is the right time, cheesy 70s reference of the day…ok week) & then on 09/09/09 I would purchase this:Perhaps, the most beautiful video game trailer a music fan could ever wish for. As you achieve certain levels of excellence you continue to progress through the career of the Beatles. From the Cavern where they started to the Ed Sullivan Show, the Magical Mystery Tour & finally the Rooftop concert. Video games have become so phenomenal since I played The Legend of Zelda on my Nintendo as a boy (actually it was Dad that played mostly & yelling at me because, “You’re not playing right”) that soon they’ll be playing us.
- Artic Monkeys will be releasing their untitled next album August 24th (mine & Cal Ripken’s birthday’s) with the tracklist being:
01. My Propeller
02. Crying Lightning
03. Dangerous Animals
04. Secret Door
05. Potion Approaching
06. Fire & The Thud
08. Dance Little Liar
09. Pretty Visitors
10. The Jeweller’s Hands
- The Hold Steady will be on the upcoming season of Top Chef: Masters showing off their famous bratwurst recipe.
- Rolling Stone.com has a nice 3 song set by The Vaselines, one of our favorites @ The De Mello Theory and one of Kurt Cobain’s favorites as seen on MTV Unplugged.
- Exene Cervenka, co-lead vocalist and original member of famed Los Angeles punk band X, revealed in a statement today that she is suffering from Multiple Sclerosis.