- Bruce Springsteen played for 3 hours at Bonnaroo this weekend & even played “Santa Claus is Coming to Town“.Bruce Springsteen, “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” Live at Bonnaroo 2009 from Bonnaroo on Vimeo.
- Trent Reznor also announced that Bonnaroo would be his last U.S. show ever. He is going to finish his European and Asian tour & continue to make records, but is just too burnt out from touring constantly. Could this be Trent Reznor’s Brett Favre, Michael Jordan moment? Only time will tell. Hopefully he didn’t just play his last show in front of what has been described as “an almost Phish concert”. Nine Inch Nails playing to hippies…what next?
- New photos of John Lennon & Yoko “I broke up the Beatles” Ono’s sit-in from 1969 by photographer Gerry Deiter, who covered the bed-in for Life magazine. “Give Peace A Chance: John Lennon and Yoko Ono’s Bed-In For Peace,” which runs through September 7th, at the Museum at Bethel Woods in Woodstock, New York, features more than 30 large photographs of the couple’s famous protest for peace, held May 26 through June 2, 1969 in room 1742 of Montreal’s Queen Elizabeth Hotel.
- Coming from a semi-photographic background (My mother is an excellent professional photographer) I love to see photographs of musicians or by musicians & this seems to be a good week for photographs. Pat Graham & Raen Optics collaborated on pictures Graham took of Modest Mouse. Worth taking a gander at. Plus, how much better has Modest Mouse gotten since Johnny Marr joined the group? Wait that’s not a question that’s a statement or is it just a hypothetical question? See that’s a question. Things I should’ve learned in Journalism.
- What a great year for box sets this is turning out to be as the Pixies are coming out with their definitive collection in a set called Minotaur. Includes all five Pixies’ studio albums (Come on Pilgrim, Surfer Rosa, Doolittle, Bossanova, and Trompe le Monde) in the following formats:
- The Beastie Boys will feature rapper Nas on one of their tracks on the upcoming album Hot Sauce Committee (stupid album title) due in September. Nas made an appearance with the Beasties on the stage at Bonnaroo last week, but as of yet I have not been able to get my hands on the audio or reliable video to make anything out of it. Rest assured I will, though.
- Finally, Cat Stevens has forgiven Coldplay for allegedly stealing his melody. Coldplay is a shitty band, this we all know, but this was stupid & frivolous to begin with. Way to keep your name in the news Yusuf!
24k gold plated CD’s;
five 12″ – 180 gram virgin vinyl LP’s cut from the original analog tapes;
Blu-ray audio mastered for 5.1 surround sound and 2 channel stereo at 24/192;
DVD mastered for 5.1 surround sound and 2 channel stereo at 24/96.
Also included is the previously unreleased Pixies 1991 live performance from Brixton, on both Blu-ray and DVD, mastered for 5.1 surround sound at 24/192 and 24/96, respectively.
All discs are housed in a custom designed folio.In addition to reinterpreting all of the original album covers, Oliver’s and Larbalestier’s extensive work is featured in a 96-page fine art book, measuring 22″ x 14″ inches, and an additional 54-page book, measuring 7.75″ x 8.25″.
Also included is a 12″ x 19.5″ giclee print of the duo’s work, and two double-sided fold-out posters measuring 48″ x 36.
“Each copy of the Limited Edition is individually numbered, and hand-signed by every member of the Pixies and Vaughan Oliver.
Additionally, at random, 25 of the 3000 Limited Edition sets will include test pressings of the vinyl albums. Housed in an oversized clamshell case and weighing over 25 pounds, Minotaur ships via Federal Express or UPS worldwide.